Application Manager / Software Engineer
We are looking for an Application Manager / Software Engineer for our client from financial area. You will develop large and complex programs, incl. design, coding and testing. As part of test responsibilities, the Software Engineer defines and creates test cases, executes test activities and reports on progress.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Test and automate tests and tools in Python on topics of operability, stability/performance, failover/recovery, backup, and recovery.
- Maintain and operate a challenging production-like multi-environment Openshift cluster and Postgres/veritas databases on RedHat Linux.
- Analyse requirements, participate in review, clarification, and improvement
- Acquire technical and functional knowledge of clearing subsystems and exchange systems and share with the team.
Who we’re looking for?
- Advanced coding skills in Python, Bash, using Git
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Investigation skills
- Test automation, writing/using of complex test framework
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work on own initiative, to identify problems and propose solutions
- Knowledge of OpenShift, Jboss, PostgreSQL, Veritas, AMQP
- Experience with technical aspects of design, implementation, testing, operation and/or support of large systems.
- Knowledge of financial markets, derivatives, trading, clearing
- Experience with legacy systems on OpenVMS, DCL
- Exposure to DevOps or cloud technology: AWS, Docker, OpenShift
- University degree in information technology or engineering
- Willingness to travel to Frankfurt to get or share knowledge
- Full-time (100%)
- Duration: a long-term cooperation
- Start: ASAP
- Location: Prague