Senior Middleware Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Middleware Software Engineer who has the skills to develop large and/or complex programs, incl. design, coding and testing. As part of test responsibilities, the Software Engineer defines and creates test cases, executes test activities and reports on progress.
You will take responsibilities in a broad range of architecture, infrastructure and information security engineering activities, covering the entire IFS IT landscape. You will be a key member of the working group in charge of designing, delivering for, and supporting those areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, and delivering Web server, Application Server and other middleware infrastructures (RedHat JBoss A-MQ, Redis, Kafka…) You will target both on-premises and public Cloud deployments, using IaaS and PaaS models.
- Working in autonomy and acting as lead for the projects assigned to you; coordinating the work of a small team when required.
- Assessing new infrastructure solutions and innovative technologies.
- Maintaining and developing Java/JavaEE integration components such as security modules and Resource Adapters, including their documentation and test suites.
- Maintaining and developing the related automation frameworks, scripts and DevOps connectors, including their documentation.
- Managing in autonomy the relation with the development, infrastructure and information security teams involved in your deliveries.
- Creating and documenting the architecture and security of IFS systems, including for critical Internet customer-facing applications; you will also be working on the applicable processes and standards.
- Working with the other Domain Experts of the group and reporting to the group lead.
- Participating in approx. 4 major production implementations each year (Saturday work).
- Interacting with the middleware/security software vendor’s support engineers.
These skills in the following domains are required:
- Hands-on experience in configuring, deploying, operating and supporting a Web application infrastructure including an Apache https Web server and a Java application server on Linux.
- Knowledge of the challenges posed by multi-tier Web infrastructures, especially in the areas of high-availability, security, Web servicing and transaction management.
- Ability to take, justify and challenge technical architecture decisions.
- Experience in application security design and vulnerability assessment, especially for Web Internet facing applications.
- Practical knowledge of TLS (PKI), including its configuration in middleware software; practical knowledge of certificate/key deployment.
- Ability to structure and document architecture and security concepts, very good English technical writing skills.
- Practical experience in the following technologies:
- Linux OS
- OIDC and/or SAML SSO
- Public Cloud architecture and APIs, preferably Microsoft Azure
- IntelliJ and/or Eclipse IDE
- Apache Maven
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience with RedHat OpenShift, ActiveMQ, Kafka, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat EAP, JavaEE services and APIs
- French and German language skills will be an asset
- Fulltime (100%)
- Duration: a long-term cooperation
- Start: June 2022
- Location: Prague, 2-3 days on-site, 2-3 days homeoffice